- 4 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 onions, diced
- 1 celery stalk, roughly chopped
- 1 head celery, diced
- 4 apples, seeded and quartered
- Some thyme twigs (leaves)
- 2 l vegetable or chicken stock
- 25 cl light cream 12% fat
- Some sage leaves, roasted hazelnuts and grated horseradish to serve
1 Heat the oil in a pot. Add the onions and celery and fry over medium heat for about 10 minutes until the vegetables are soft. Add the pieces of celery, apple quarters and thyme leaves and simmer for another 2-3 minutes. Pour in the stock, season with salt and pepper and simmer over a low heat for 30 minutes until the celery is soft.
2. Remove from the heat and puree until creamy with a hand mixer or blender. Stir in half the light cream. Heat some oil in a frying pan and fry the sage leaves until crispy.
3. Pour the soup in soup bowls and serve with the rest of the light cream, a thread of olive oil, the crispy sage and, if desired, some hazelnuts or grated horseradish.