- 4 nice Boskoop apples
- 25 cl Ramborn CM Cider
- 10 g butter
- 4 tablespoons cane sugar
- 3 eggs
- 60 g ground almonds
- 90 g wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons sunflower oil
- 1 pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons flaked almonds
1. Peel, quarter and core the apples. Cut the apple quarters into thin slices.
2. Heat butter in a pan, add apples and let them caramelize.
3. Add the Ramborn cider and cook over a low heat for 10 to 20 minutes. Add 1 tablespoon cane sugar.
4. Meanwhile, whisk the eggs with the remaining cane sugar. Then stir in ground almonds, flour, salt and sunflower oil.
5. Add 2/3 of the caramelized apples and pour 2 tablespoons of the cider apple juice you have obtained.
6. Grease a cake tin with butter and pour in the dough. Spread the remaining apple slices, the almonds and some cinnamon on top and bake the dough for 35 minutes at 180°C in a preheated oven.
7. Let it cool down to room temperature and spread the remaining cider apple juice on the cake in several passes with a brush.