For the tart
- 200 g flour (type 405)
- 170 g butter at room temperature
- 3 egg yolks (= 45 g egg yolk)
- 100 g sugar
- A pinch of salt
- 7 – 8 tart apples (preferably red apples)
- Juice of one lemon
- Apple or quince jelly
- 5 tbsp orange juice
For the ice cream
- 3 egg yolks
- 200 g finest sugar
- 600 ml whole milk
- 2 tbsp cinnamon
- Knead the flour with 150 g butter, the egg yolks, 75 g sugar and a pinch of salt. Shape into a brick and place in the fridge for 30 minutes wrapped in foil. Preheat the oven to 190°C.
- Take a little of the dough for the edge, spread the rest of the dough in a springform tin lined with baking paper and press to the edge with your fingers, alternatively roll out on a little flour and place in the tin. Form the remaining dough into a roll, place it on the edge of the tin and press down.
- Peel the apples by half so that a little of the beautiful red skin remains, cut in half, remove the core, cut into thin slices and immediately sprinkle with the lemon juice. Place the apple slices close together in the dish, cover with the remaining butter in flakes and sprinkle with the remaining sugar. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Boil the apple jelly with the orange juice. Brush the tart with it and bake for another 20 minutes.
- Remove the tart from the tin and leave to cool completely on a cooling rack.
The ice cream
- Whip the egg yolks with the sugar until pale and creamy. This takes a little time; the sugar should be completely dissolved.
- Bring the milk to the boil and add to the egg yolk mixture in a thin stream, while continuing to whisk, then return everything to the saucepan.
- Slowly bring to the boil, stirring constantly, just until the cream has slightly thickened.
- Remove from the heat, stir in the cinnamon and leave to cool, stirring occasionally.
- Transfer to the ice cream maker and freeze to form a creamy cinnamon ice cream.
Serving Divide the tart into pieces, place on a pretty plate and top with a scoop of cinnamon ice cream.
Recipe: Heike Meyers
Did You Try This Recipe?
Show us & tag us on Instagram at @kachenmagazine