- 135 g rolled oats
- 40 g desiccated coconut
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- Pinch sea salt
- 90 ml pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 750 ml rice milk (alt: soy, almond or coconut milk)
- 125 g (2 stems) rhubarb cut into 4 cm lengths
- 3 medium plums (350 g), halved
- 2 medium nectarines or peaches (340 g), cut into thick wedges
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- 80 ml water
- Edible flowers, to serve
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease a 1.25 litre ovenproof dish.
- Combine oats, coconut, cinnamon, ginger, salt, maple syrup and vanilla in an ovenproof dish; stir in milk.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until oats are tender and creamy.
- Meanwhile, place the rhubarb and stone fruit in a small baking dish. Sprinkle with coconut sugar and the water. Bake on a separate shelf, with porridge, for the last 20 minutes of porridge cooking time.
- Serve porridge topped with baked fruit, fruit syrup and edible flowers, if you like.
Did You Try This Recipe?
Show us & tag us on Instagram at @kachenmagazine