- 3 beetroots, cooked
- 400 g chick peas (tin)
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 1 - 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 4 - 5 tbsp olive oil
- pepper, from the mill
- beetroot leaves or spinach leaves, for garnishing
- Crema di Balsamico
- 1 tbsp roasted pine nuts
- 1⁄2 white bread, e.g. baguette
1. Drain the beetroot and chop coarsely. Drain the chickpeas into a sieve, collecting 2 tablespoons of chickpea water. Rinse the chickpeas with cold water and let them drip off, then purée finely together with the chickpea water and the beetroot cubes.
2. Peel the garlic cloves, chop and finely grate them with a little salt. Add to the chickpeas and mix everything with the tahini, lemon juice, cumin, and olive oil to make a cream. Season the hummus with salt and pepper and pour into a bowl.
3. Rinse off 3 beetroot leaves or spinach leaves, shake dry and garnish the hummus with it and drizzle with Crema di Balsamico.
4. Cut the bread into slices and roast briefly from both sides in the grill pan or on the grill. Sprinkle the hummus with roasted pine nuts and serve with the toasted bread.