- 300 g fermenting flour (white or wholemeal)
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 20 g coconut blossom sugar
- 2 eggs
- 80 g neutral oil
- 230 g Greek yoghurt
- 150 ml milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Greek yoghurt
- Icing sugar
- Toasted flaked almonds
- Preheat the waffle maker. If your appliance has a thermostat, set it to the medium setting.
- Place the flour, bicarbonate and coconut blossom sugar in a bowl and add a pinch of salt. Mix with a whisk.
- Break the eggs, separating the whites from the yolks.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff.
- Beat the egg yolks with the oil, Greek yoghurt, milk and vanilla extract.
- Pour this mixture over the flour and whisk until smooth.
- Fold in the egg whites, lifting the mixture very gently with a spatula.
- Pour a small amount of batter onto each baking sheet and bake until golden brown. Cooking time varies depending on the type of waffle iron; allow about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Cool the waffles on a rack and store in an airtight container in the refrigerator or freezer.
- Just before eating, reheat in a toaster or oven to restore their crispness. Sprinkle with icing sugar and top with Greek yoghurt, fruit and flaked almonds.
- Serve with a cup of Nespresso Vertuo Inizio coffee.
Did You Try This Recipe?
Show us & tag us on Instagram at @kachenmagazine