- 400 g bucatini
- 2 Romanesco (about 1 kg)
- 1 onion
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 50 g corinthes
- 50 g pine nuts
- 1 tin of saffron
- 100 g breadcrumbs
1. Fry breadcrumbs in a pan with 3 tablespoons of olive oil. Remove from heat and set aside.
2. Cut Romanesco into small pieces and cook in boiling salted water for about 20 minutes. Remove Romanesco with a skimmer and set aside. Do not pour away the liquid in which the vegetables were cooked. You will use it to cook the pasta.
3. Peel and finely chop the onion, then put it in a pot with
Boil 5 tablespoons of water. Let the water evaporate, add 3 tablespoons of olive oil and fry.
4. Add Romanesco, raisins, pine nuts and saffron Fry for a few minutes and then add a cup of the Romanesco cooking water. Season to taste with salt and simmer.
5. Cook the bucatini in the Romanesco cooking water al dente, put a ladle of cooking water aside and then sieve the pasta.
6. Put the pasta in a pan and mix with the Romanesco sauce. Sprinkle with some breadcrumbs. Pour the remaining breadcrumbs into a small bowl and serve with the pasta.