For the carrot cake:
- 80 g egg white
- 55 g egg yolk
- 130 g brown sugar
- 40 g soft butter
- 130 g vegetable oil
- 15 g honey
- 70 g cashew nuts
- 1 tsp of ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp gingerbread spices
- 2 g fleur de sel
- 5 g baking soda (bicarbonate)
- 7 g baking powder
- 160 g T55 flour
- 40 g cornstarch
- 35 g Debic Vegetop cream (vegetable cream) or fresh cream (33%)
- 235 g grated carrots
- 1⁄2 scraped vanilla bean
- 7 g orange zest
- 20 g candied ginger
For the orange topping:
- 100 g Debic Vegetop cream (vegetable cream) or fresh cream (33%)
- 100 g Philadelphia cream
- 22 g sugar
- 1⁄2 vanilla bean
- 1 orange
1. Beat the egg whites and yolks into a sabayon, add the brown sugar, then the melted warm butter, vegetable oil, and honey.
2. Add the cashews, liquid cream and candied ginger cut into small cubes, then the fleur de sel. Cut the vanilla pod in half lengthwise, scrape the inside out and incorporate it into the mixture.
3. Add flour, bicarbonate, baking powder, cornstarch, cinnamon powder, and gingerbread spices.
4. Finish by adding the grated carrots and the zest of a grated orange.
5. Pour the mixture into a previously greased and floured cake tin, then leave to rest for an hour in the fridge.
6. Bake in a ventilated oven at 155 degrees for about 1 hour and 15 minutes.
7. Leave to cool completely before decorating the cake and enjoying it.
1. Mix the cream, Philadelphia and sugar, scrape out the vanilla pod and grind the orange peel into the mixture.
2. Whip everything like a whipped cream and place on the cake in a desired shape.
TIPS & TRICKS by Yves Jehanne
For airy, fluffy breads
With pastries, like brioche or baba, and with bread you have to let the dough rise.
In order for the yeast to develop well in the dough, make sure that the room temperature is between 23 and 26 °C and cover the dough with a damp tea towel as it rises. This prevents crust formation.
For a fabulously glossy cake
Would you like to surprise your guests with a fabulously glossy cake?
The solution is super simple: gently warm a jelly or apricot syrup and then brush over the cake evenly - it’s guaranteed to work!
A delicious chocolate cream for a successful chocolate cake
Your chocolate cake is a treat for the palate but sometimes a little dry? Add a chocolate cream that is very easy to pre- pare. You will need 100 g Nutella and 100 g mascarpone, which you whip together well (like whipped cream). Then spread the cream onto your cake.