- 4 eggs (cold)
- 250 ml cream (cold)
- 150 g Emmental cheese (grated)
- Salt, pepper
- 1 tbsp “Gustin” or other corn starch
1. Separate egg yolks from egg whites. Mix the egg yolks well with the cream. Add the cheese and season with half a teaspoon of salt and pepper. Add a tablespoon of Gustin or Maizena corn starch (dissolved in a little milk) and mix.
2. Beat the egg whites until stiff, then fold into the mixture. Fill a buttered casserole dish (or several smaller ones) to 3⁄4 full each.
3. Bake in a preheated oven on a medium setting at 190°C top and bottom heat for 20 – 25 minutes. Serve immediately while still hot.
Recipe : Anne Lommel