This post is also available in: English Français Deutsch
For the chilli
- 1 large red onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 600 g minced beef
- 400 g canned kidney beans
- 300 g canned corn
- 1 kg fresh tomatoes
- 2 – 4 tsp taco mix
- 300 g tortilla chips
For the guacamole
- 2 ripe avocados
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 lime
- ¼ ts garlic powder
- Fresh cilantro
- Salt, pepper
- Mince the garlic and onion.
- Wash the tomatoes and cut them into small dices.
- Sauté them in a large pot with vegetable oil over medium-high heat until translucent.
- Add in the tomatoes and simmer for 20 minutes over medium-high heat. Blend.
- Cook the minced beef in a separate pan for 6 – 8 minutes.
- Drain and rinse the kidney beans and corn.
- Add everything to the pot with the tomatoes. Season with the taco mix. Simmer for 10 more minutes.
- Let cool and store in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
- Reheat the chilli over low heat.
- Cut the avocados in half and remove the seeds. Mash the flesh with a fork.
- Seed the tomatoes and cut them into small cubes.
- Wash and chop the cilantro.
- Add the tomatoes, cilantro, lime juice to taste, garlic powder and salt to the mashed avocado. Give it a good mix.
- Serve with tortilla chips.
Recipe & picture: Eloïse Jennes
Did You Try This Recipe?
Show us & tag us on Instagram at @kachenmagazine