- 50 g vegan margarine
- 20 g brown sugar
- 10 g dessert cocoa powder
- 20 g almonds, ground
- 70 g flour
- 1 tbsp thick caramel syrup
- 1⁄2 tsp orange zest
- 1 pinch of salt
- 20 g vegan dark chocolate
- orange zest
1. Whisk the margarine and sugar until creamy. Stir in the orange zest, salt, cocoa powder and caramel syrup.
2. Then add the ground almonds and flour and knead (preferably by hand). Cover the dough with a cloth and let rest in the fridge for 1 hour.
3. Roll out the dough to 3-4 mm thick on a floured work surface and punch out the desired shapes with a cookie cutter.
4. Place the hearts on a tray lined with greaseproof paper and bake in a preheated oven at 180 °C (top and bottom heat) for 10-12 minutes.
5. Melt couverture in a water bath and use to decorate the cooled cookies. Decorate with orange zest.