- 4 eggs
- 100 g sugar
- 150 g flour
- 1 pinch of salt
- 3 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 100 g butter, melted
- 200 ml milk
- 3 ripe pears
For the caramel sauce
- 250 g icing sugar
- 2 teaspoons water
- 200 ml cream (double cream)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- For the clafoutis batter, first beat the eggs and sugar in a bowl until frothy. Then gradually stir in the flour, salt and cocoa until you have a homogeneous dough. Finally, stir in the melted butter and milk and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 200 °C (fan oven: 280 °C, gas mark: 6).
- Peel the pears, remove the core and cut in half.
- Now grease a baking dish with butter and dust with flour. Then pour in the clafoutis pastry and place the pears on the pastry with the cut side facing up. Bake in the preheated oven for about 40 minutes.
- While the clafoutis is in the oven, prepare the caramel sauce. To do this, bring the sugar and water to the boil in a small saucepan over medium heat. Allow to caramelise for about 5 minutes. As soon as the sugar turns golden brown, remove the pan from the heat and carefully stir in the cream with a wooden spoon. Now add the salt and mix together, pour into a preserving jar and leave to cool.
- Drizzle the clafoutis with a little caramel sauce to serve or serve the sauce with the clafoutis.
Recipe & photo: www.lecreuset.com