For the dough
- 150 g flour
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 egg
- 80 g butter, in pieces; a little for the mould
- 50 g sugar
For the topping
- 100 g dark chocolate
- 2 eggs
- 200 g chestnut purée
- 400 ml milk
- 60 g sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 200 g cream cheese
- 80 g icing sugar
- For the dough, knead all the ingredients until smooth. Add a little water if necessary. Shape into a ball and chill for approx. 30 minutes wrapped in cling film.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C top and bottom heat. Grease the tart tin (approx. 20 cm Ø).
- Roll out the pastry and place in the tin. Press down on the base and edges and cut off any overhanging edges if necessary. Cover with baking paper and baking beans and blind bake in the oven for 15 – 20 minutes. Remove the beans and paper and leave to cool.
- Chop the chocolate into small pieces and remove 1 – 2 tablespoons for garnishing. Melt the rest and brush the tart base with it. Leave to dry.
- Separate the eggs, bring the egg yolks with the chestnut purée, milk, sugar and vanilla to the boil in a pan, stirring briefly, and allow to thicken until creamy. Stir the cream until cold and mix in the cream cheese. Pour onto the base and spread evenly. Chill for at least 2 hours.
- Before serving, whip the egg whites with the icing sugar until stiff and spread over the cream in a cloudy layer. Flame with a flambé burner and sprinkle with the remaining chocolate.