Within the framework of the Fairtrade weeks, KACHEN joins forces with the NGO Fairtrade Lëtzebuerg to raise awareness about the diversity of Fairtrade products through a cooking “competition” open to all!
To raise awareness about the use of Fairtrade products, we are launching the “KACHEN MAT FAIRTRADE” competition. To participate, it’s very simple, you just have to make a starter, a main course or a dessert OR invent a recipe of your choice, making sure to use at least 2 certified Fairtrade ingredients and post your creation on social media using the hashtag #kachenmatfairtrade. A draw will be made among all participants. Three winners will have the chance to discover, share an exclusive moment and participate in a chocolate tasting with Lola Valerius, chocolate maker from Luxembourg.
What ingredients can be used?
The list of Fairtrade certified ingredients is long, so we have made a small selection for you:
- In Fairtrade flagship products, you find chocolate, coffee, bananas, rice & cane sugar.
- Equally tasty but perhaps less well known products include: quinoa, spices (curry, pepper, vanilla), red wine, milk-water-coconut oil, pineapple (sugar loaf) and vanilla and chocolate ice cream.
In Luxembourg, there are more than 400 outlets where you can find these Fairtrade certified ingredients. You can find the complete list on the website of Fairtrade Lëtzebuerg. Can’t find a product? You can contact the NGO at 35.07.62.28.
Need some inspiration? Check out our list of recipes using Fairtrade products.
- Deadline for participation: 15 June.
- To participate, all you have to do is use at least two Fairtrade products in your recipe and post it on social media with the hashtag #kachenmatfairtrade in “public mode”. You can also send us your creations at [email protected].
- The Fairtrade packaging must be present in the photo in order for the entry to be considered.
- You can enter as many times as you want with a different dish!
- By participating in this competition, you agree to the use of your recipes and photos for awareness raising purposes by the NGO Fairtrade Lëtzebuerg.
Time to cook! Enjoy.
More information : www.fairtrade.lu