- 60 g couscous
- 1/2 red onion
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 small carrot
- 1/2 zucchini
- 1/2 turnip
- 200 ml vegetable or poultry stock
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 tbsp. of ras el hanout
- 1 merguez
- 1 chicken drumstick
- Optional: 50 g of chickpeas
1. Wash the vegetables. Mince the onion. Cut the tomatoes and zucchini into 1 cm pieces. Peel the carrot and turnip and cut them into 1 cm pieces as well.
2. Prepare the couscous according to the instructions on the packet.
3. In a frying pan heated with olive oil, sauté the onions. Add the rest of the vegetables. Brown for 5 minutes over high heat. Cover with stock and simmer for 20 minutes over medium heat. At the end of the simmering, add salt and pepper and the ras el hanout. If desired, add the chickpeas. Allow to cool.
4. Cook the merguez and the chicken drumstick and cut into pieces.
5. Fill the bottom of the jar with the cooked vegetables.
6. Top with the couscous and then the meat. Close tightly and keep in the fridge for your lunch or dinner the next day.
Mix all the ingredients well before eating.
Note: For a gluten-free recipe, replace the couscous with millet or a gluten-free alternative. Also be sure to choose a gluten-free chicken broth.
Recipe by CookingwithElo for KACHEN
Did You Try This Recipe?
Show us & tag us on Instagram at @kachenmagazine