For the crêpes:
- 3 large eggs
- 360 g of canned coconut milk
- 200 g of flour
- 4 tbsp of coconut oil, melted
- 2 tsp of vanilla powder
- 1⁄4 tsp of salt
- 160 ml of water
- a drizzle of honey for serving
For the mascarpone cream:
- 250 g of mascarpone
- 320 g of cold whipping cream
- 1 package vanilla sugar
For the orange compote:
- 6 oranges
- 75 g of honey
- 1 vanilla bean, seeds removed
- 1⁄4 tsp of agar
For the healthy candy sprinkles:
- Dried lemon, lime and orange peel
- Freeze dried raspberries and blackberries
- Grated coconut
- For the crêpes, combine all of the ingredients in a bowl and mix well. Place in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, put the mascarpone and the cream in a mixing bowl. Beat on high speed for about 5 minutes with an electric hand mixer until soft peaks form. Mix in the vanilla sugar, then cover and place in the fridge until ready to serve.
- For the orange compote, zest 1 of the oranges and set the zest aside. Slice 4 oranges into 5 mm thick rounds, cut the peel and white pith away from the flesh, and put in a bowl.
- Squeeze the 2 remaining oranges and pour the juice into a skillet. Add the reserved zest, the honey, and the vanilla seeds. Bring to the boil, reduce the heat and let simmer for 5 minutes. Add the agar, bring to the boil again and let simmer for 2 minutes. Then remove from heat, add the oranges slices, and set aside.
- Heat a non-stick pan with a little butter and make thin crêpes.
- To serve, fill each crêpe with mascarpone cream and add the orange compote on top as well as a drizzle of honey. If you wish, you can decorate the crêpes with homemade healthy candy sprinkles (simply pulse-blend all of the sprinkle ingredients in a coffee grinder).
Picture : Sonja Vanderhaegen
Did You Try This Recipe?
Show us & tag us on Instagram at @kachenmagazine