- 4 tbsp (60 ml) olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 celery stalks, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tbsp curry powder
- 750 ml peeled and diced pumpkin, seeds reserved
- 4 – 5 carrots, peeled and diced
- 100 ml juice and grated peel of 1 orange
- 1 l vegetable stock
- ½ tsp dried chilli flakes
- 2 tsp chopped thyme
- 1 can (410 g) coconut milk
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Heat 3 tablespoons olive oil in a large saucepan and sauté onion and celery until soft. Add garlic, curry powder, pumpkin and carrots and fry for a minute. Stir in orange juice, peel and stock and simmer until cooked through.
- Wash pumpkin seeds, dry well and toss with remaining olive oil, chilli flakes and thyme and roast for 20 minutes until crunchy. Set aside.
- Add coconut milk to soup and simmer for 5 minutes. Blend until smooth, top with crunchy pumpkin seeds and serve.
Did You Try This Recipe?
Show us & tag us on Instagram at @kachenmagazine