- 250 g flour
- 100 g pumpkin purée
- 125 g melted butter
- 60 ml milk
- 1 egg
- 1 packet of dry baker's yeast
- 1 tsp quatre épices (spiceblend)
For the filling:
- 6 eggs, extra fresh
- 6 thin slices of bacon
- 2 tbsp white vinegar
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- pumpkin seeds, roasted
- a few salad leaves
For the waffles
- Mix 150 g flour with the spice blend and yeast. Pour in the milk and 60 ml of warm water and mix to a creamy, smooth batter.
- Cover with a cloth. Leave to rest for 15 minutes. Add the remaining flour and butter, the pumpkin purée and the beaten egg.
- Add salt and form a ball. Leave to rest for 15 minutes and then form into 100-g dough pieces.
- Place one dough piece into the centre of each cell of a hot waffle iron. Cook until the waffles are golden brown.
For the topping
- Dry roast the bacon in a pan.
- Break the eggs gently into an individual ramekin with a little vinegar. Leave to marinate for 3 minutes so that the eggs can cook in the boiling water without scattering.
- Bring a pan of water almost to the boil, it should be simmering but not boiling hot. Whisk the water to create a whirlpool and then carefully dip the egg into the whirlpool.
- Cook for 3 – 4 minutes. Remove the eggs with a skimmer and drain.
- Serve the hot waffles with bacon, roasted pumpkin seeds, fresh salad leaves and a poached egg. Season with salt and pepper. Enjoy!
Recipe : Les Paniers de Sandrine