For the dough
- 250 g spelt flour
- 250 g white flour
- 1 pkt fresh yeast or
- 2 pkt dry yeast
- 175 ml milk
- 3 eggs
- 75 g sugar
- 75 g butter
- Grated zest of a lemon
For the filling
- 300 g hazelnuts
- 120 g sugar
- 80 g cooking chocolate
- 1 egg
- 50 ml hot milk
- 2 additional egg yolks for coating
1. Sift flour into a bowl, then add all the other ingredients and knead into a smooth dough with a dough hook.
2. Let the dough rest in a warm place for 30 minutes until it has doubled in volume. In the meantime, prepare the chocolate filling.
3. Finely grind the nuts with sugar.
4. Heat the milk together with the chocolate.
5. Add the egg and mix to a mushy chocolate mass.
6. Roll out the dough into a rectangle, prick regularly with a fork, brush the surface with 2 whipped egg yolks.
7. Place the chocolate filling onto the dough and roll up the dough.
8. Butter a springform pan and sprinkle with flour or sugar.
9. Place the roll of dough inside, make several light cuts in the surface with scissors, brush the rest of the egg yolk over it and let it rest for another 20 minutes. Bake at 180 °C on the second rack for about 35-45 minutes.
10. If the cake starts to burn on top, you can cover it with baking paper or silver foil. Take it out of the oven and let it cool in the mould, covered with a cloth.
Recipe : Berthe Elsen-Melkert