- 250 g butter, soft, (a little more for the mould)
- 170 g sugar
- 50 g elderflower syrup
- 4 eggs
- ½ organic lemon, zest and juice
- 400 g flour
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- 100 g milk
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Put 100 g sugar in the bowl and pulverise 15 seconds at speed 10 and set aside.
- Put 250 g soft butter and 70 g sugar, the elderflower syrup, 2 tbsp lemon juice and the grated lemon peel into the bowl and mix for 3 minutes at speed 3 and add the eggs one by one through the opening in the lid.
- Add the flour, baking powder and milk and mix for 1 minute 30 seconds at speed 6.
- Butter your mould and divide the almonds between the holes in your mould.
- Pour the contents into the prepared tin and place in the oven for 50 to 60 minutes depending on your oven.
- Mix the icing sugar with 1 tbsp of lemon juice until you have a thick glaze. Pour over the cake so that it flows a little over the sides. Leave to set.
- Place the kugel on a plate, decorate with elderflowers and leaves and serve.
Did You Try This Recipe?
Show us & tag us on Instagram at @kachenmagazine