- 110 g butter, soft
- 125 g sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 tbsp elderflower syrup
- 175 g flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp. organic lemon peel
- vegetable oil, for the waffle iron
- 400 g small strawberries
- 200 g very cold cream (tip: put the cream in the freezer for 10 minutes)
- 40 g caster sugar
- 2 tbsp. honey, for drizzling
- icing sugar, for dusting
- mint, washed, for decoration
- elderflowers, untreated, for decoration
- Put the butter in the bowl and melt for 3 minutes at 70°C spoon speed. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- Put the eggs, sugar and elderflower syrup into the bowl and mix for 1 minute on speed 4.
- Add the flour and baking powder and mix for 20 seconds at speed 3.
- Add the melted butter and lemon zest and mix for 10 seconds at speed 3.
- Grease the waffle iron with a little oil, pour a small ladleful of batter into the centre and cook the waffles one by one until golden brown. Keep warm for a short time if desired.
- Wash and clean the strawberries and cut them in half.
- Insert the whisk into your bowl, put the cream in the bowl and 40g of sugar then blend for 1 – 3 minutes.
- Pile the waffles on plates, top with a little whipped cream and strawberries and drizzle with honey. Decorate with mint and elderflowers, sprinkle with icing sugar and serve.
Did You Try This Recipe?
Show us & tag us on Instagram at @kachenmagazine