This post is also available in: English Français Deutsch
- 1 glass of crushed ice
- 50 ml Fairtrade rum
- 1 dash of sparkling water
- 2 teaspoons of Fairtrade sugar or sugar syrup
- 2 wedges of Fairtrade lime
- 1 sprig of mint
- Mix the Fairtrade sugar or sugar syrup and Fairtrade lime wedges in a jam jar, whilst pressing them with a large wooden spoon to extract the flavour and aroma;
- Mix the mint by picking up a few leaves, then gently squeeze the mint, sugar and lime together;
- Place ice cubes in a tea towel, cover and crush them with a rolling pin. Add crushed ice to the jar until it is 3⁄4 full.
- Pour your rum and soda into the jar, stir with a spoon or place the jam jar lid on top and shake well. Add a little more crushed ice and decorate with mint leaves.
Did You Try This Recipe?
Show us & tag us on Instagram at @kachenmagazine