For the dough
- 300 g flour (type 00, with at least 11 g of proteins)
- 200 g semolina flour
- 150 g potatoes
- 330 ml cold water
- 13 g salt
- 5 g fresh yeast
- 3 tbsp olive oil
For the toppings
- 500 g cherry tomatoes
- 20 black olives
- Basil, fresh
- Sea salt, flaky
- Olive oil
- Boil the potatoes until soft, then mash them into a pulp and let cool down.
- Mix the flours and the mashed potato in a bowl, dissolve the yeast in the water and add 215 ml of water. Knead until all the flour is absorbed.
- Add the salt and the remaining water bit by bit. Knead until the dough is smooth and elastic, then add the olive oil while still continually kneading.
- Oil a baking tray and place the dough inside. Cover the top of the dough with olive oil and let it double in size for about 2 – 3 hours in a turned off oven with light on.
- Shape the focaccia as desired then add the tomatoes, oregano, salt and olives, pushing them slightly into the dough.
- Cook at the bottom of the oven at 220°C for 20 – 25 minutes or until the crust is golden and crunchy. Finish with a generous splash of oil, basil, flaky sea salt and serve immediately or, alternatively, cooled down at a later point.
Recipe: Francesco Micillo (FranzPizzaLux)