- 2 egg whites size M
- 60 g icing sugar
- 60 g flour
- 1 pinch salt
- 35 g melted butter
- 1 1⁄2 tbsp heavy cream
- 1⁄2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 tsp almond extract
- baking paper or a silicone mat
- homemade notes with messages of happiness
Preheat the oven to 180°C circulating air.
1. Melt the butter in a small pot over a low heat.
2 Beat the egg whites with the sugar until fluffy, add the flour and salt until the dough is smooth, then stir in the melted butter, cream, vanilla and almond extract.
3. Spread a teaspoon of the mixed dough in a circle (approx. 6 cm diameter) on the baking paper or silicone mat and repeat 3 to 4 times. Bake for 5 minutes until the edges turn slightly brownish.
4. Take the tray out of the oven and remove the dough circles from the tray as quickly as possible. Place a piece of paper with a message of happiness in the middle and fold the dough sheet into a semicircle. For the perfect fortune cookie shape, bend the half circles over a blunt object (e.g. a bowl rim) and place them in the recess of a muffin tin to cool so that they retain the shape. This process should take a maximum of 10 seconds, as the biscuits cool down quickly.