- 150 g Quaryat 100% Picual organic extra virgin olive oil (strong and sharp),
- 2 hard-boiled eggs (for decoration)
- 100 g of shaved Cal rovira Iberian ham (for decoration)
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1000 g tomatoes, ripe
- 1 tsp. salt
- 250g country-style bread
- Place the cloves of garlic in the oven at 200ºC for 20 minutes (or 2-3 minutes in the microwave). Set aside.
- Cut the tomatoes: make slits with a knife and plunge them into boiling water for 30 seconds. Rinse in cold water and remove the skin. Cut them in half and remove the water and seeds, so that only the flesh remains.
- Remove the crust from the bread and cut roughly into pieces.
- Once the garlic has cooled, extract the roasted garlic puree.
- Put a jar on the lid of the mixing bowl, weigh in the extra virgin olive oil and set aside.
- Put the hard-boiled eggs in the mixing bowl and chop for 2 sec/speed 4. Transfer to another container and set aside.
- Put the Serrano ham in the mixing bowl and chop by pressing Turbo/0.5 sec/4-6 times. The number of times depends on the firmness of the ham. Then transfer the ham to another container and set aside.
- Put the garlic, tomatoes and salt in the mixing bowl and chop for 30 sec/speed 5.
- Add breadcrumbs and blend for 30 sec/speed 5, then puree for 2 min/speed 10.
- Scrape down the sides of the mixing bowl with the spatula. Blend for 1 min/speed 5 and, without stopping to blend, drizzle the olive oil through the hole in the lid of the mixing bowl until it is well incorporated. Transfer the soup to a soup tureen and refrigerate.
- Serve the soup cold and sprinkle with the chopped Serrano ham and chopped hard-boiled eggs.
Recipe: Johan Tisserand