- 24 slices bacon
- 30 g butter
- 2 bottles of cream (30 % fat) - 25 cl
- 200 g parmesan, freshly grated
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 24 large scallops
- salt and pepper
- chives to garnish
1. Cut the bacon finely and fry it crisply in a pan at medium heat. Remove from the pan and drain on a plate with kitchen paper.
2. Add butter, cream and Parmesan cheese to the bacon fat in the pan and simmer until the sauce has boiled down by about half. Add the drained bacon again and stir.
3. Heat the olive oil in a separate pan. Wash the scallops, dab them with kitchen paper, season with salt and pepper and put them into the hot pan. Fry them for about 1 minute on each side until they have a golden brown colour. Remove from the pan and place on a plate with kitchen paper.
4. Spread the bacon-cream sauce on small bowls or glasses, add one scallop and garnish with chives.