- 400 g of LE MOULIN fusilli pasta
For the sauce:
- 1 onion
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 Mettwurscht
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 400 g of minced pork and beef
- 800 g canned chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbsp. tomato paste
- 150 ml red wine
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- 1 tablespoon of salt
- 100 g grated mozzarella cheese
- 100 g grated emmenthal cheese
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C, rotating heat.
2. Peel and finely chop the onion. Cut the Mettwurscht lengthwise and then cut it in half again lengthwise into 4 long strips. Cut into small cubes. Peel and crush the garlic.
3. Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a saucepan and fry the onion with a pinch of salt for 5 minutes until tender. Add the garlic and the cubes of Mettwurscht and sauté for another 5 minutes.
4. Add the minced meat and sauté for another 5 minutes, breaking up the large pieces of meat with a spoon. Add the chopped tomatoes, tomato concentrate, red wine, sugar, salt and pepper and bring to the boil. Add 150 ml of water to each can of tomatoes and pour into the sauce. Cook the sauce for 15 minutes. Remove from the heat and add a few chopped basil leaves.
5. While the sauce is cooking, pour the pasta into boiling salted water. As soon as the pasta returns to the boil, cook for 4 minutes, until it is less than al dente. Drain and rinse with cold water, set aside.
6. Add the pasta to the hot sauce, mix well and pour into a casserole dish. Distribute the mozzarella and emmenthal over the pasta and bake for 20 minutes until the cheese is golden brown.
Tip: If you wish to prepare the gratin in advance, keep the sauce in the pan and the pasta on the side. Heat the sauce before adding the pasta and continue with the recipe. This will prevent the gratin from drying out.