- 150 g sprouts and arugula + some nice sprouts for decoration (baby pak choï, purslane, Mibuna Cabbage, Purple Mizuna, Green Mizuna, Wasabi sprouts, mustard sprouts...)
- 40 g cashew nuts
- 20 g pine nuts
- 50 g parmesan (reserve a few shavings for decoration)
- 5 - 6 tbsp olive oil
- 1 - 2 tsp white balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper
- 250 g fusilli
1. Prepare the pesto: Roast the cashew nuts for a few minutes in a frying pan, then add the pine nuts and roast them evenly. Wash the sprouts. Cut the parmesan into cubes.
2. In a blender, mix the greens with the cashew nuts and the parmesan. Add the oil little by little until you get a creamy consistency. Taste and season with salt and pepper, if necessary, add a little vinegar. Blend well.
3. Cook the pasta al dente in a large quantity of boiling salted water. Reserve 1/2 cup of cooking water (at the end of cooking). Drain the pasta.
4. In a serving dish, combine the pesto and a little cooking water. Mix. Add the pasta and mix with the pesto. Add a few sprouts, parmesan shavings and toasted pine nuts for decoration. Enjoy...
Recipe : Sandrine Pingeon (lespaniersdesandrine.lu)