- 100 g raw cane sugar
- 50 g coconut blossom sugar
- 100 g honey
- 1 tbsp of cocoa
- 1 pinch of salt
- 6 tbsp orange juice
- 130 g butter
- 3 g salt of hartshorn (ammonium bicarbonate)
- 420 g flour (type 55)
- 2 tbsp gingerbread spice
For the glaze
- 1 egg white
- 220 g icing sugar
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Optional, 1 tsp water
1. Mix both types of sugar, cocoa, salt, honey and orange juice in a pot and bring to the boil.
2. Cut butter into cubes and melt in the honey-sugar mixture.
3. To do this, remove the pot from the heat. Leave to cool down at a lukewarm temperature.
4. Mix the salt of the hartshorn with flour and gingerbread spice. Knead the honey mixture into the flour mixture with the dough hooks, then work it into a smooth dough with your hands.
5. Form the dough into a ball & leave to rest in cling film at room temperature for several hours.
6. Preheat oven to 180°C top/bot- tom heat.
7. Roll out the dough on a sheet of baking paper, cut out as required and bake on a baking tray lined with baking paper for 8 – 10 minutes. Allow to cool down.
1. Mix the egg white with the lemon juice and icing sugar for 2 – 3 minutes to a smooth, thick icing. If necessary, stir in a teaspoon of water.
2. Pour the icing into a piping bag with a fine spout and decorate the cooled gingerbread as desired. Allow to dry.
Recipe : Heike Meyers