- 300 g frozen leaf spinach
- 1 onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 150 g Gorgonzola
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 100 ml vegetable broth
- 150 g cream
- 500 g gnocchi from the fridge
- 3 tablespoons walnut kernels
- Chilli powder
- 1-2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- salt and pepper
1. Take the spinach out of the freezer. Peel and finely dice the onion and garlic. Cut the Gorgonzola into small pieces. Heat some water for the gnocchi and add salt.
2. Heat the oil in a saucepan, fry the onion and garlic and add the frozen spinach. Cook while stirring until the spinach is defrosted. Pour in the broth and cream and add the Gorgonzola. Melt the cheese in the sauce over low heat, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, put the gnocchi in lightly boiling salted water, cook according to the instructions on the packet and drain through a sieve. Coarsely chop the walnuts. Add salt, pepper and chilli powder to the spinach sauce, season to taste with lemon juice. Fold in the gnocchi and sprinkled with walnuts before serving.