- 250 g fusilli pasta
- 1 inch-thick slice of cooked ham or Kasseler roast leftovers, cut into dice (about 150 g)
- 1 egg
- ¼ litre milk
- nutmeg, salt, pepper to taste
- a pinch of starch
- Parmesan cheese, grated
- pats of butter
1. Cook the pasta al dente and rinse with cold water to prevent sticking. Grease an oven dish and layer the pasta with the ham cubes.
2. Beat the milk, egg and spices with the mixer and pour over the noodles. Sprinkle the top layer with Parmesan, breadcrumbs and little pats of butter.
3. Bake in the oven at 225 °C for approximately 30 minutes, until you get a nice crispy crust.
4. Serve with fresh home-made apple compote, preferably still lukewarm.