- 1 tsp butter for greasing
- 1 bunch green asparagus
- 4 potatoes
- 1 bunch flat-leaf parsley
- 50 g mixed herbs (dill, tarragon, mint, chervil and chives)
- 1 bunch spring onions
- 200-g roll of goat's cheese
- 12 eggs
- 180 ml cream
- 150 g Gruyère cheese, grated
- Salt and pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 200 °C. Grease the baking dish and set aside.
2. Bring a pan of salted water to the boil, cook the asparagus for 1-2 minutes until al dente, rinse under cold water, drain, cut them into 2-3cm pieces and set aside.
3. Peel the potatoes and dice them into bite-sized pieces. Put them in a saucepan, cover with water, add 2 tsp salt and bring to the boil. Then reduce the heat, cook the potatoes for 8 minutes, drain and set aside.
4. Finely chop the parsley and mixed herbs. Cut the spring onions into rings. Crumble the goat's cheese.
5. Mix eggs, cream, 1 tsp salt and 1⁄2 tsp pepper in a bowl. Add potatoes, parsley, mixed herbs, goat cheese and spring onions and mix. Pour the mixture into the baking dish and sprinkle with cheese. Place the asparagus on top and dip into the mixture.
6. Bake in the oven for 30 minutes at 200 °C. Then reduce the temperature to 150 °C and bake for another 10 minutes until golden brown. If the surface gets too brown before the eggs are cooked, cover with aluminium foil.