- 2 large tbsp Kefir culture
- 2 tbsp unrefined cane sugar
- 1 thick slice of untreated lemon, skin on
- 1 whole dried fig, untreated
- 1 tbsp dried cranberries
- 1 l tap water
- Clean a large glass jar with hot water.
- Add all the ingredients to the jar, mix well and leave for 2 days at room temperature. Warning: do not seal the jar too tightly as it may explode! Screw the lid on loosely or cover the top with a cloth.
- After 2 days, remove any ingredients floating on the surface with a spoon. Strain the liquid through a sieve and transfer the kefir to a sealable glass container.
- Stored in the fridge, the kefir will keep for up to 10 days. Open the container from time to time to allow any excess gas to escape. As the days pass, the kefir will gradually acquire a stronger taste.
Recipe: Olivier Chevrier
Photo: Mirjam Pfeiffer
Did You Try This Recipe?
Show us & tag us on Instagram at @kachenmagazine