This post is also available in: English Français Deutsch
- 500 g floury potatoes
- 2 leeks
- 200 g kale
- 2 eggs
- approx. 100 g flour
- 1 1⁄2 - 2 tbsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp freshly chopped dill
- approx. 120 ml buttermilk
- milled pepper
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
1. Wash 2/3 of the potatoes and cook in boiling water for approx. 30 minutes. Drain, run cold water over potatoes, peel and press through a potato ricer.
2. Peel rest of potatoes, wash, grate fine- ly, and press out onto piece of kitchen paper.
3. Wash leek, clean and cut finely. Break kale leaves from stalk, cut away thick stalks and cut central leaf veins flat. Wash leaves well and blanch for 2 minutes in boiling salt water. Drain, run over with cold water, let dry and chop up small.
4. Combine eggs with flour, baking powder, po- tato gratings, leeks, kale, dill and buttermilk. Add milk or flour if needed. Season with salt and pepper.
5. In a hot, coated pan heat butter with oil; add dollops of dough with wooden spoon. Fry for approx. 5 minutes at medium heat, flip and fry for a further 5 minutes on other side until gold- en brown. Fry all patties in this way. Let dry on kitchen towel and serve, for example, with a herb dip.