This post is also available in: English Français Deutsch
The world gastronomy event, Expogast, will be held at LuxExpo from Saturday the 26th to Wednesday the 30th of November. KACHEN awaits you there.
We have been waiting for it for four years: Expogast is back from the 26th to the 30th of November at LuxExpo.
This world gastronomy event will bring together the most talented chefs as well as many professionals and will stage an international cooking competition.
On the programme of Expogast: up-and-coming and established chefs, fascinating dishes and a good atmosphere.
More than 8,000 professionals from all over the world will be present in the 25,000m2 of the Expogast exhibition hall, to offer inventive dishes, healthy and balanced eating practices, discover new trends in taste, and simply delight the eyes and taste buds of the visitors of this culinary exhibition.
Your KACHEN magazine will of course be present at this gastronomic event, in particular at two events:
- Sunday the 27th of November at 2pm (Conference room), for a lecture by Marcel Thiele, the spice hunter, who regularly collaborates with our magazine. Marcel Thiele is a German who has travelled the world in search of new flavours. At this conference he will talk about the culinary initiative “Mother Earth”, whose approaches correspond to the United Nations’ sustainable development goals.
- On Monday the 28th of November at 2 pm (Conference room), during a panel talk organised by École d’Hôtellerie et de Tourisme du Luxembourg (EHTL), the founder and editor of the magazines KACHEN and REESEN, Bibi Wintersdorf, will speak on the subject: “Passion for excellence in the field of hospitality”. She will talk about attitude development and the importance of personal commitment, the notion of excellence, the role of schools, media and internet platforms…
At her side, many personalities from the industry:
- Guillaume Gomez, the personal representative of the President of the French Republic for gastronomy, food and the culinary arts. He was chef at the Élysée Palace for twenty-five years.
- Letizia Girard created in 2015 a professional luxury network, The Vendôm Company, which works primarily with luxury hotels and starred restaurants.
- Elise Masurel, the Managing Director of the Ducasse School, providing training in the culinary and pastry arts, not only in Paris but also in Auvergne, the Philippines and India.
- Laurent Herschbach, the director of the Ritz, has had an impressive career: from receptionist to director of the world-famous Parisian hotel twenty years later.
- Gabriela Tigu is Dean of the Faculty of Business and Tourism at the University of Bucharest.
- Ragnar Fridriksson, Director of the World Federation of Cooks’ Societies, graduate of the Hautes Etudes du Goût.
From the 26th to the 30th of November – Open every day from 11am to 9pm.
Admission from 1pm to 9pm: €14 on site, €12 in advance online.
Free admission for under 18s and between 11am and 1pm.
10, circuit de la Foire internationale, L-1347 Luxembourg-Kirchberg
More information: www.expogast.lu