This post is also available in: English Français Deutsch
The editorial staff was delighted when we received the invitation to a new event from Les Sucrés du Lux. Paul Bungert, president of the association of the best master pastry chefs and creative chocolatiers in Luxembourg and the Greater Region, announced a presentation on the theme of “pralines” and he certainly did not disappoint.
The series of events takes place at regular intervals, in turn, in one of the club members’ establishments. This time, Jonathan Szymkowiak, pastry chef at the traditional Kaempff-Kohler, was the host at the recently opened BREAKK shop in Kirchberg.
A total of 7 chefs presented artistic sweet treats:
- Chef Romain Rougeck from Genaveh: Chocolate with pecan praline and muscovado sugar with a note of liquorice and crispness brought by the muscovado sugar. The whole piece is covered with a nutmeg almond paste.
- Emmanuel Humblot from the Lycée Stanislas Nancy: “Brownies with praline”: a brownie biscuit with walnut oil and sesame, topped with an old-fashioned hazelnut praline and a gavotte praline puff pastry, with a thin sheet of crunchy chocolate in between and a sesame and almond nougatine
- Lola Valerius from Lola Valerius: Popcorn candies with a popcorn flavoured ganache and a popcorn praline crunch and a small popcorn as decoration.
- Paul Bungert of the Restaurant Ma Langue Sourit, President of Sucrés du Lux: A cone like a small ice cream with a hazelnut praline and a hazelnut ganache. A second, slightly more modern bite, 100% buckwheat, with a buckwheat mousse, a buckwheat praline coated with roasted buckwheat powder.
- Alexandra Pancher of the Gudde Kascht restaurant: White and black sesame praline: a Breton shortbread with a Bavarian white sesame praline mousse, an exotic fruit jelly flavoured with jasmine and orange blossom. The black colouring is provided by coal. The black sesame praline bavaroise hides a blackcurrant jelly inside, flavoured with Cassero de Beaufort.
- Jean-Baptiste Gely, Restaurant Le Clairefontaine: Hazelnut Praline: a dark chocolate mousse with a crunchy praline puff inside and a salted praline heart.
- Jonathan Szymkowiak from Kaempff-Kohler: A puff pastry cylinder hiding inside an Iranian dried lemon almond praline and a Papuan vanilla ganache, all on a puff pastry praline base.