For the marinated mushrooms
- 250 g button mushrooms, sliced
- 60 ml lemon juice
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 30 ml white wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp coriander seeds, toasted and roughly cracked
- 1/2 garlic clove
- 60 ml olive oil
To serve with
- 160 g wild rocket
- Parmesan, shaved
- In a large bowl, thoroughly combine all the ingredients together, ensuring that everything is equally covered and leave to marinate for at least 2 hours.
- Season to taste once the mushrooms have absorbed the juices and softened.
- Serve in a fresh salad with rocket and parmesan.
Panfrying mushrooms in butter or oil will produce the best results. Make sure your pan is super hot before adding mushrooms, and don’t overfill the pan. This way, any water that’s released will evaporate and the mushrooms will brown, which means more flavour.
Rehydrate dried mushrooms in a little hot water for 30 minutes. The mushrooms can then be used as normal. Additionally, strain the mushroom liquid of any grit and use in sauce or stocks – it has loads of flavour!