- 1 loaf of uncut bread, lightly baked (500 g e.g. from Pains et Tradition)
- 250 g Comté
- 150 g pesto
- salt and pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C. Prepare a baking tray with baking paper.
2. Cut the bread on the top as if you were slicing it, but do not cut all the way down. Repeat the same lengthwise, so that the bread keeps its shape but is cut squarely on the top.
3. Cut the Comté into thin 5 cm long strips.
4. Use a knife to spread the pesto in the slices.
5. Place the cheese strips in the bread slices as well, so that not too much of it sticks out (the cheese should stay in the bread while melting and not drip out).
6. Place the bread on the baking paper and bake in the oven for about 15 minutes until the cheese has melted. Serve it still warm as a whole on a plate so that everyone can pick out their piece.