Port wine syrup:
- 1 organic orange
- 1 organic lemon
- 6 tbsp red port wine
- 1 packet of Bourbon vanilla sugar
Egg & cream cheese mixture:
- 8 capsules of green cardamom
- 2 eggs
- 60 g sugar
- 200 g cream cheese
- 50 g pistachios 3 sponge fingers
- 6 fresh figs
- Icing sugar to dust
1. To make the syrup, wash the lemon and orange in hot water, dry, grate the peel and squeeze the juice. Set aside 2 – 3 tablespoons of the orange juice and the grated orange peel for the egg and cream cheese mixture. Boil down the rest of the orange juice, mixed with the lemon juice, wine and vanilla sugar, into a syrup in a small pot. Season to taste with a little grated lemon peel. Let the syrup cool down.
2. Open the cardamom capsules and finely crush the seeds in a mortar.
3. Beat the eggs in a bowl with the sugar, grated orange peel and cardamom until fluffy. Blend the cream cheese with the orange juice and spoon it into the egg mixture.
4. Preheat the oven.
5. Finely grind the pistachios in a mixer and set aside 1 tablespoon for decoration. Mix the remaining pistachios once more with the sponge fingers and stir into the egg mixture. Divide the mixture into 6 ovenproof moulds. Wash and
dry the figs and cut into them crosswise at the top. Place them in the middle of the moulds and sprinkle with the remaining pistachios. Bake as indicated.
6. Sprinkle the finished dessert with syrup, dust with icing sugar as desired and serve immediately.
More information : www.siemens-home.bsh-group.com