- 15 fresh mussels
- Baguette for toasting
- 100 g of 100% Gran Reserva sheep’s cheese (type queso Manchego)
- Optional: smoked oil
- 5 tbsp of yoghurt
- 2 guindilla peppers in vinegar
For the mussel vinaigrette:
- 1 tin of mussels in escabeche conservas de Cambados
- Leaves of 3 tarragon branches
- 10 stems of chives
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Prepare the mussel vinaigrette by mixing the ingredi- ents. Reserve the escabeche sauce from the can.
- In a saucepan, cook the washed mussels until they open. Remove the mussels from their shells and place in a bowl. Mix some of the cooking liquid with the escabeche sauce and pour it over the mussels to marinate them.
- Finely chopt he 2 chillies into vinegar. Stirinto the yoghurt and season.
- Cut cheese into 1-cm cubes. Toast slices of baguette.
- Assemble the pintxos by spreading the mussel vinaigrette, then a teaspoon of yoghurt, place a marinated mussel, then a dice of cheese and pierce the whole thing with a toothpick. Drizzle the cheese on top with a drop of smoked oil.
Recipe: Johan Tisserand
Photo: Ramunas Astrauskas
Soaking the chillies in vinegar has greatly reduced their pungency, but they can also be replaced by fresh chillies.
Did You Try This Recipe?
Show us & tag us on Instagram at @kachenmagazine