Can you feel the energy shift that this new season is bringing? You might get a strong urge to purge, cleanse, and just get rid of anything that you no longer use.
Doing small tasks every day makes it much more likely that you will do a spring-cleaning, as it is not so intimidating and tiring.
And as many of us are spring-cleaning to different degrees, it is important to take a moment to talk about the cleaning agents we use to do that.
Did you know that the ingredients we use to clean our house could actually pollute the air we breathe? Unfortunately, many of the cleaning products we use contain dangerous or questionable chemicals, such as:
- Ammonium chloride, found in toilet bowl cleaners or deodorizers, which are corrosive to the eyes.
- Bleach, when combined with other ingredients such as chlorine, can create VOC (volatile organic compounds), which are potentially toxic.
So just as you are paying attention to the ingredients of the food you consume, it is important to also pay attention to the ingredients of your cosmetics and cleaning products. Don’t forget that we also absorb toxins through our skin and air passages.
The three best ingredients I have been using to create my DIY cleaning products are the following:
- Lemon – a natural and mild disinfectant
- Baking soda – a gentle abrasive and natural deodorizer
- Vinegar – a mild acid, making a great multi-purpose house cleaner
Stay healthy and safe.
Article: Vesela Savova Drews – platefulnutrition.co