- 2 large red onions
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 3 tbs maple syrup
- 1 tbs balsamic vinegar
- A few sprigs of thyme
- 1 pastry puff
- Preheat the oven to 180 °C.
- Peel the onions and cut into ½ cm thick slices.
- Heat the olive oil, maple syrup and balsamic vinegar together in a pan. Add the onion rings and thyme and fry them for a few minutes. The onions should be soft and have a light colour.
- Place the onion rings in a cake tin together with the juices, which have normally become syrupy.
- Cover the onions with the puff pastry and fold the edges towards the inside of the tin.
- Bake for about 20 minutes, or until the pastry is golden brown.
Discover more eco-conscious, simple, economic and veggie recipes in the book À table ! by Angélique Roussel