- 150 ml orange juice
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) lemon juice
- 150 g unsalted butter
- 180 g castor sugar
- 3 extra-large eggs + 2 extra-large egg yolks
- Place orange juice, lemon juice, unsalted butter and castor sugar in a saucepan over a medium heat and stir until butter is melted and sugar is dissolved.
- Whisk 3 extra-large eggs and 2 extra-large egg yolks together. Gradually add orange mixture, stirring continuously. Return to pan and cook, stirring, for 7 – 8 minutes or until thickened and mixture coats the back of a spoon.
- Cool in the fridge before serving.