- 125 ml fresh orange juice
- 125 ml Greek-style yoghurt
- 3 tbsp poppy seeds
- 250 g unsalted butter, diced
- 320 g castor sugar
- 3 tbsp finely grated orange peel
- 4 extra-large eggs
- 340 g cake flour
- 2 1⁄2 tsp baking powder
- 125 g butter, softened
- 250 g cream cheese
- 250 g icing sugar
1. Preheat oven to 160°C. Spray a 25 cm, loose-bottomed cake tin with cooking spray. Mix orange juice, yoghurt and poppy seeds in a bowl.
2. Beat butter, castor sugar and orange peel in a large bowl until pale and creamy.
3. Whisk in eggs, one at a time, until well combined. Add sifted flour and baking powder to egg mixture. Add yoghurt mixture and gently fold to combine using a large metal spoon.
4. Spoon mixture into prepared cake tin, smooth surface and bake for 45 – 60 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the cake comes out clean.
5. Set aside for 5 minutes to cool slightly, then turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely. Cream butter and cream cheese together and gradually fold through sifted icing sugar.
6. Spread icing on cake and serve.