- 600 g small cauliflower florets
- 1 large organic lemon
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon of flour
- 1⁄4 l Milk
- 100 ml cream
- 150 g Emmental or raclette cheese, freshly grated
- Pepper, freshly ground
- Nutmeg, freshly grated
- flaked almonds
1. Wash the cauliflower. Cook them in boiling salted water for about 2 minutes, cool them in a sieve and drain them very well.
2. Wash the lemon hot, dry it, grate the peel finely and squeeze out one half.
3. Melt the butter in a saucepan, stir in the flour and sauté while stirring until light yellow. Gradually add the milk, stirring continuously. Simmer the mixture open over a low heat for about 10 minutes, stirring continuously.
4. Then stir in the cream and cheese and melt. Season the sauce with the lemon zest and 1 tbsp. lemon juice, salt, pepper and nutmeg.
5. Place the cauliflower in the raclette pan, pour the cheese sauce over it, sprinkle with the almonds and cook in the hot raclette machine for about 10 minutes until the sauce is nicely browned.