- 3 l Luxlait 3.5 % whole milk
- 4 - 5 tbsp lemon juice
- Place a large sieve on a saucepan and line with a cheesecloth. Measure out the lemon juice and keep it to hand.
- In a second saucepan, bring the Luxlait 3.5% whole milk to the boil, stirring constantly. Once the milk boils, reduce the heat to a minimum and gradually stir in the lemon juice until the white cheese has separated from the yellow-green whey.
- Pour the mixture into the sieve lined with the cloth and leave the liquid to drain for a few minutes. Carefully tie the cloth to squeeze out the rest of the liquid by hand.
- Tie the cheese tightly in the cloth to form a package and leave to stand for 2 - 3 hours with a chopping board or other heavy object weighting it down.
- Remove the paneer from the cloth and cut into small pieces or store in an airtight container with water in the refrigerator.
Paneer can alternatively be spiced up with coriander, turmeric or other spices by adding them to Luxlait 3.5% whole milk before cooking.
Did You Try This Recipe?
Show us & tag us on Instagram at @kachenmagazine