- 200 g parsnip
- 2 small carrots
- 1 onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 potatoes
- 2 tsp of butter
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 150 ml vegetal cream
- 1 tsp curry powder
- Chives, as topping
- Carrots or baby carrots pesto
- Peel and cut all the vegetables.
- In a medium soup pot, melt the butter. Add the onion and garlic and mix until light gold. Add the parsnip, carrots and potatoes. Sauté over medium heat for 3 minutes, until the vegetables have softened slightly.
- Add the curry powder. Mix well and cook for 1 – 2 minutes, stirring constantly, until the spices
- Add some water and bring the mixture to a simmer. Reduce the heat and simmer for 20 – 30 minutes, until the parsnips are very soft.
- Remove the soup from the heat and purée it with an immersion blender. Add the cream to the puréed soup. Taste and adjust the salt and pepper. Serve with sautéed carrots and pesto.
Recipe & picture: Paula Soryano