- a little melted butter
- 2 tsp cornflour
- 6 eggs
- 280 g fine granulated sugar
- 1 tsp white vinegar
- 200 ml whipping cream
- 2 tbsp icing sugar
- 1 ripe mango
- 1⁄2 lime
- 1 passion fruit
- Preheat the oven to 120 °C and line a baking tray with baking paper. Draw a 24 cm circle on it, brush with melted butter, dust with cornflour and shake off the excess.
- Separate the eggs and whisk the whites in a very clean bowl until soft peaks form. Gradually add 1 tbsp sugar at a time and continue to stir until the meringue is thick and glossy and the sugar has dissolved. (Rub a little meringue between your fingers. If it feels grainy, beat some more). Sieve the cornflour into the mixture and add the vinegar, stir.
- Spoon the meringue onto the prepared baking paper. Smooth the top and sides with a pastry scraper, then form small tips at the corners.
- Bake in the oven for 80-90 minutes or until the pavlova is dry on the outside. Then turn off the oven, hold the oven door open with a wooden cooking spoon and leave to cool completely.
- Peel and core the fresh mango and cut the flesh into nice strips. Sprinkle with a little lime juice and set aside. Whip the cream with 2 tbsp icing sugar.
- Once the pavlova has cooled completely, place on a serving plate. Spread the whipped cream and mango on top, then spoon the flesh of the fresh passion fruit on top.
Note: For a three-tier pavlova, triple the ingredients and divide the meringue between 3 baking sheets.
Did You Try This Recipe?
Show us & tag us on Instagram at @kachenmagazine