- some melted butter
- 2 teaspoons cornflour
- 6 egg whites
- 280 g fine granulated sugar
- 1 tsp white vinegar
- 200 ml whipped cream
- 2 tbsp icing sugar
- 250 g fresh strawberries
- Preheat the oven to 120 °C and line a baking tray with baking paper. Draw a 24 cm circle on it, brush with melted butter, dust with cornflour and shake off the excess.
- Whisk the egg whites in a very clean bowl until soft peaks form. Gradually add 1 tbsp sugar at a time and continue to stir until the meringue is thick and glossy and the sugar has dissolved. Add the cornflour to the mixture and add the vinegar, stir.
- Spoon the meringue onto the prepared baking paper. Smooth the top and sides with a pastry scraper, then form small peaks.
- Bake in the oven at 120° C for 80-90 minutes or until the pavlova is dry on the outside. Then turn off the oven, hold the oven door open with a wooden cooking spoon and leave to cool completely.
- Wash the fresh strawberries and set aside. Whip the cream with 2 tbsp icing sugar.
- Once the pavlova has cooled completely, transfer to a serving dish. Spread the whipped cream on top and top with strawberries.