- 1 kg peas (possibly frozen)
- 500 g yoghurt
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Cayenne pepper
- 1 lemon, zest
For the chanterelles
- 200 g chanterelles
- 400 ml white wine vinegar
- 200 g sugar
- 1 tbsp fennel seeds
- 2 garlic cloves
- 5 g thyme
- Radishes (to serve)
- Bring a pot of water to the boil.
- Salt the water well and put the peas into the boiling water. Blanch for about 15 seconds, then remove with a skimmer and rinse in cold water or ice water.
- After about 2 minutes, put the peas into a sieve and let them drain a little.
- Now put the peas in a rotor blender with 480 g yoghurt, salt, pepper, cayenne pepper and lemon zest. Blend until you have a finely puréed liquid.
- Pour the soup through a hair sieve to separate all the solid ingredients from the liquid.
- Heat the soup briefly before serving. In summer, the soup is also wonderful as a cold dish.
- Brush the chanterelles slightly if they are sandy.
- Put the vinegar, salt, sugar and all the spices in a pot. Bring everything to the boil.
- Pour the vinegar over the chanterelles and leave them to soak for 30 minutes before serving.
Thinly slice the radishes and sprinkle over the soup before serving.
Recipe : Valentino Palumbo (De Maufel)
Did You Try This Recipe?
Show us & tag us on Instagram at @kachenmagazine